Procedures for Requesting Facilities Management (After Hours)
For Facilities Management services Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (except University Holidays) call Facilities Management at 3-4400.
After hours call in should be restricted to issues that could be a potential threat to life, safety, or cause excessive property damage. If the dispatcher is in doubt as to the critical nature of a reported problem, they should proceed with contacting the appropriate Facilities Management staff.
*You must be granted access to see this information. Please contact Gary Saak to obtain access.
Facilities Management Uniform Guidelines
This Facilities Management uniform policy became effective 08/04/2014.
Facilities Management requires employees in the blue-collar and technical units to wear uniforms provided by Facilities Management. Uniforms provide instant recognition as employees work around campus. Facilities Management issued shirts and pants are mandatory but if pants are not issued a clean suitable replacement pair may be worn.
These guidelines are in accordance with Article XII, Sections 4&5, pages 99-100 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Each employee will be issued up to 6 shirts in any combination (button front in short or long sleeve, T-shirts in short or long sleeve, short sleeve polo’s or smocks). Shirts will be replaced on an as needed basis. Worn shirts must be returned. The Facilities Management work shirt is only to be worn during work hours.
- Facilities Management issued pants are optional but if issued must be worn.
- Facilities Management pants will be brown or a denim material.
- Each employee will be issued up to 5 pairs of pants (if they are requested). Pants will be replaced on an as needed basis. Worn or damaged issued pants must be returned.
- Shorts can be worn in those units where they are allowed (Mail Center/Warehouse, Custodial, Grounds) but must be neat and clean and pass the supervisors’ approval.
Employees have the option of choosing tan or light blue smocks. Smocks will be replaced on an as needed basis. Worn or damaged issued smocks must be returned.
- Shoes or boots must be worn by all employees - staff or student. The type of shoe/boot is dependent on your work unit. Open toed shoes are only allowed in the office area.
- If you work in a unit that requires the wearing of steel toed shoes/boots for student or staff there is a reimbursement policy that outlines the payment limits for both student and staff. Contact the Facilities Management dispatch (4400) desk for further information.
- If a student is hired to work in a trade unit they will be issued up to 5 T-shirts for their use while they are employed at Facilities Management. Students are responsible for the laundering of their shirts. When their employment ends at Facilities Management the shirts must be returned. Shirts must not be altered in any manor, including the removal of sleeves.
- All employees’ attire must meet with Facilities Management standard quality and color.
- Managers should turn in all orders for new or replacement uniform garments to the Facilities Management dispatch (4400) desk.
- Campus Supply will coordinate all purchases with vendors.
- Facilities Management will require the return of issued uniforms when the employee leaves employment at Facilities Management.
- The wearing of uniforms is required during working hours (including scheduled overtime) unless employee’s supervisor has approved prior arrangements.