Note: You must obtain departmental approval prior to reserving a vehicle. It is recommended you create a trip in ProTrav and have the necessary travel approval prior to making this vehicle reservation request.
Motor Pool is required to validate all driver's license numbers before vehicles are rented. Validation is required annually each July 1. If your license has not been validated this fiscal year, please allow extra time for that process to be completed when picking up your vehicle. People with out-of-state licenses should provide their license a week before their trip to ensure information can be verified prior to travel.
University vehicles will not be assigned to a student. A student may drive only if a University faculty or staff member accepts responsibility for the student driver. It is preferred the faculty or staff be present in the vehicle. See University Policies and Procedures 9.63 Motor Vehicle Usage.
Our mid-size sedans are classified as full-size by the auto industry, but we provide them at the mid-size rate. The full-size vehicle type has been removed as a choice.
- Driver must have a valid driver's license to show when picking up a UNI vehicle.
- Driver listed on the reservation must be the person who picks up the vehicle unless an alternative has been approved in advance.
- Please list additional drivers and special requests in "comments" box, if applicable.
- The department renting the vehicle is responsible for any vehicle damage occurring while in the possession of the driver, up to the $500 deductible.
- Your request is not a reservation until you receive a confirmation with your reservation number.
- Motor Pool hours are 7:30 am - 4:30 pm Monday - Friday. If your car is needed prior to Motor Pool opening at 7:30 am, the vehicle keys can be picked up between 3:30 pm and 4:30 pm the prior workday afternoon, at no additional charge. Please note in the comments section below if you need this early key pick up.
Questions? Call Motor Pool at 319-273-2610 or email email@example.com.