- Daily rate is applied to any portion of a day that a vehicle is dispatched, with the exception of authorized early key pick-up (see number 2 below). A vehicle is considered dispatched when the keys are issued.
- Normal office hours for key pick-up are 7:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. If your car is needed prior to Motor Pool opening at 7:30 am, we allow early key pick-up between 3:30 pm and 4:30 pm the prior workday, at no additional charge.
- Mileage rate is applied to all miles driven during each reservation. The Mileage Rate is variable and is reviewed quarterly and adjusted, if necessary, due to changes in fuel prices. This is done in lieu of a fuel surcharge.
- Weekly rate includes 7 calendar days.
- A weekend rate is all day Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
- Monthly rate is the weekly rate multiplied by 3 (4th week is free).
- Motor pool will make every effort to provide a vehicle; including subleasing a vehicle from outside vendors. (Sublet vehicles are picked up and returned to the Motor Pool lot. A fleet credit card is also included for fuel purchase).
- Motor pool reserves the right to substitute vehicles, when necessary, to meet demand. Personal vehicle mileage rate reimbursement waivers will not be issued unless no suitable vehicles are available.
- Vehicles returned late will be assessed a late fee (at the daily rate). Late returns many times inconvenience customers as we don't always have other suitable vehicles available. Failure to cancel 24 hours in advance of departure time will be assessed a late cancellation fee (at the daily rate).
- A $25.00 cleaning fee will be assessed for vehicles returned with exceptionally dirty or stained interiors, $250 to remove smoke smell from upholstery. University Policy is NO SMOKING IN UNIVERSITY VEHICLES.
- A $10.00 charge may be assessed for failure to report leaving and returning odometer readings, failure to return the reservation envelope, and for failure to provide receipts for fuel purchases with the fleet credit card.
- A $35.00 administration fee will be assessed to any invoices billed to Motor Pool where the reservation arrangements are made outside of UNI Motor Pool.
- Authorization for Travel must be approved using ProTrav prior to driving a university vehicle.
Rates for FY23
|Motor Vehicle Type||Mileage Rate||Daily Rate||Weekend Rate||Weekly Rate||Monthly Rate|
|Mid-size Sedan (Ford Fusion, Chevy Malibu or Impala)||$0.27||$40.00||$80.00||$180.00||$540.00|
|Mid-size SUV (Ford Escape)||$0.27||$40.00||$80.00||$180.00||$540.00|
|Mini-Van (Seats 7) (Dodge Grand Caravan)||$0.27||$54.00||$108.00||$243.00||$729.00|
|Cargo Mini-Van (Seats 2) (Ford Transit)||$0.27||$54.00||$108.00||$243.00||$729.00|
|12-Passenger Van (Seats 12)||$0.27||$90.00||$180.00||$405.00||$1,215.00|
|15-Passenger Van (Seats 11 - limited to 11 occupants per safety guidelines)||$0.27||$90.00||$180.00||$405.00||$1,215.00|