Facilities Management through the offices of Design and Construction & Transportation/Delivery provides assistance for planning and moving complete offices or individual furniture pieces, files, computers, books and other office items. Moving Services is provided by Transportation/Delivery and operates between 6:00 am and 2:30 pm Monday through Friday.
Relocating an Office
Relocating an office requires significant coordination. Appointing a move coordinator for the relocation is very helpful. The steps below will guide departments through the move process.
- When new furniture or a design layout is needed, create a service request in FAMIS.
- Complete Key Request Form.
- Submit mail delivery changes to the Mail Center or call 3-3230. Include: names, location moving from (i.e. GIL 111), location moving to (i.e. GIL 242) and mail code.
- Setup phone and data connections by contacting IT-Network & Infrastructure Services.
- Entire department relocations contact Human Resources Services 273-2422 for department records changes.
- Individual relocations use "Updating My Personal Information" in My UNIverse to change office address.
Moving Items within Main Campus
- Call 273-4400 with specifics of the move to establish a work order.
- Submit a Service Request through FAMIS.
Moving Items from Main Campus to Storage
Complete a Transit/Surplus Form.
Preparing Items for Move
- Vertical file cabinets can be moved with material inside (if stairs are involved, Transportation Services may require the cabinets be emptied)
- Horizontal files must be emptied
- All desk materials must be boxed
- All book shelf items must be boxed
- Computer equipment must be disconnected and prepared to move; all items boxed; keyboard and hard drive should be boxed with monitor or all items numbered if boxed separately
- Tape boxes to prevent papers from falling out
- Label boxes with new location building name and room number
- Boxes and packing tape can be obtained from Campus Supply.
Items Transportation Services Does Not Move
- Delicate personal items
- Electronic equipment that is leased
If you have any questions or comments
UNI, Cedar Falls, Iowa 50614