Transportation is responsible for a broad array of services, including:
- Purchase, maintenance, and repair of University Vehicles
- Refuse and recycling pickup
- Table and chair rentals
- Moving and special event set-up assistance
Campus Shuttle Service is provided by the Metropolitan Transit Authority (MET) 319-234-5714
Transportation is responsible for determining which vehicles are safe and available for use, which vehicles require maintenance and which vehicles should be retained or retired from service. Transportation schedules and/or performs all warranty and maintenance work for University owned vehicles. University decals, stickers, and markings affixed by Transportation are required by state law and may not be removed. Unauthorized stckers or decals are not allowed on University vehicles.
All University vehicles must receive a safety inspection and general maintenance at least annually. It is further recommended that all University vehicles receive a safety inspection and general maintenance at six month intervals unless a different schedule has been established by Transportation.
Vehicle Fuel Station
The University's fueling station at Transportation is available from 6am to 4pm Monday-Friday for all University and state owned or leased vehicles. Ethanol, E85, and diesel fuel are available at below market rates and University vehicles must utilize this fueling station whenever possible. The fueling station is not available to personal vehicles, even if traveling on University business.
Please also see Motor Vehicle Usage Policy (University Policy 9.63).
Facilities Management provides assistance for planning and moving complete offices or individual furniture pieces, files, computers, books and other office items. Moving Services is a division of Transportation and is open between 7:30 and 4:00 Monday through Friday.
Relocating an Office
Relocating an office requires significant coordination. Appointing a move coordinator for the relocation is very helpful. The steps below will guide departments through the move process.
- When new furniture or a design layout is needed, create a service request in FAMIS.
- Complete Key Request Form.
- Submit mail delivery changes to the Mail Center or call 3-3230. Include: names, location moving from (i.e. GIL 111), location moving to (i.e. GIL 242) and mail code.
- Setup phone and data connections by submitting a Service Request through FAMIS.
- Entire department relocations contact Human Resources Services 273-2422 for department records changes.
- Individual relocations use "Updating My Personal Information" in My UNIverse to change office address.
Moving Items within Main Campus
- Call 273-4400 with specifics of the move to establish a work order.
- Submit a Service Request through FAMIS.
Moving Items from Main Campus to Storage
Complete a Transit/Surplus Form found under Disposal Guidelines on the Office of Business Operation's website.
Preparing Items for Move
- Vertical file cabinets can be moved with material inside (if stairs are involved, Transportation Services may require the cabinets be emptied)
- Horizontal files must be emptied
- All desk materials must be boxed
- All book shelf items must be boxed
- Computer equipment must be disconnected and prepared to move; all items boxed; keyboard and hard drive should be boxed with monitor or all items numbered if boxed separately
- Tape boxes to prevent papers from falling out
- Label boxes with new location building name and room number
- Boxes and packing tape can be obtained from Campus Supply.
Items Transportation Does Not Move
- Delicate personal items
- Electronic equipment that is leased
If you have any questions or comments please contact:
Room 3, Physical Plant
UNI, Cedar Falls, Iowa 50614-0189