- Daily rate is applied to any portion of a day that a vehicle is dispatched.
- Mileage rate is applied to all miles driven during each reservation. The Mileage Rate is variable and is reviewed quarterly and adjusted, if necessary, due to changes in fuel prices. This is done in lieu of a fuel surcharge.
- Weekly rate includes 7 calendar days.
- A weekend rate is all day Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
- Monthly rate is the weekly rate multiplied by 3 (4th week is free).
- Motor pool will make every effort to provide a vehicle; even to include subleasing a vehicle from outside vendors. (Sublet vehicles are picked up and returned to the Motor Pool lot. A fleet credit card is also included for fuel purchase).
- Motor pool reserves the right to substitute vehicles, when necessary, to meet demand. Mileage waivers will not be issued unless no suitable vehicles are available.
- Keys will be issued when the vehicle is dispatched. Normal office hours are 6:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday (6:00 am to 4:30 pm in summer).
- Vehicles returned late will be assessed a late fee (at the daily rate). Late returns many times inconvenience customers as we don't always have other suitable vehicles available. Failure to cancel 24 hours in advance of departure time will be assessed a late cancellation fee (at the daily rate).
- A $25.00 clean-up fee will be assessed for vehicles returned with exceptionally dirty or stained interiors, or to remove smoke smell from upholstery. University Policy is NO SMOKING IN UNIVERSITY VEHICLES.
- A $10.00 charge may be assessed for failure to report leaving and returning odometer readings, or failure to return the documented envelope.
- A $30.00 administration fee will be assessed to any invoices billed to Motor Pool where the reservation arrangements are made outside of UNI Motor Pool.
- Authorization for Travel must be approved using ProTrav prior to driving a university vehicle.
Rates for FY2018
|Motor Vehicle Type||Mileage Rate||Daily Rate||Weekend Rate||Weekly Rate||Monthly Rate|
|Compact Sedan (e.g. Ford Focus)||$0.28||$31.00||$62.00||$139.50||$418.50|
|Mid-size Sedan (e.g. Ford Fusion & Fusion Hybrid, Chevy Impala)*||$0.28||$38.00||$76.00||$171.00||$513.00|
|Mini-van (7-pass)(e.g. Dodge Grand Caravan)||$0.28||$53.00||$106.00||$238.50||$715.50|
|15-Passenger Van (Rate = current discounted Enterprise rate plus $34|
|*Note: Our mid-size sedans are classified as full-size by the auto industry, but we are billing at the mid-size rate|